Skip to main content

Another year....

 Started January 2, 2012
     So here we are...2012.  I have never been a big New Year's kinda gal.  Just not my thing.  I just can't get excited about it. Never have, probably never will.  It's just another year..I will turn 53, Dana 55, Nick 17.  Dana and I will celebrate 17 years of marriage, Nick will be a senior in high school.  It's just another year.
     I am entering this year feeling a little stronger.  I think it is thanks to your prayers, so please keep them going.  At weekend, after Epiphany, we will take the decorations down.  It is the first year in many that I think our tree is quite pretty.  I have enjoyed it this Christmas.  I am trying to make peace with the fact that I will always miss my parents everyday forever.  I read this article where Robin Gibb ( a Bee Gee) was talking about losing is twin, Maurice, a few years ago.  He said he could not come to terms with it and thinks of it as Maurice being out in the world somewhere and someday he will call.  It made sense to me because I think that is how I think of Kirk.  Death is too big a concept for me in relation to Kirk. I just wonder when he will call! :)
      So, this year I am working on getting my act together.  I have 18 months to lose about 100 lbs.  I will be at a healthy weight when Nicky graduates in June, 2013. I have been reading some nutritional websites and I am thinking of trying a meal delivery program.  The one at e-diets has gotten good reviews and the food is fresh, not  frozen.  I think this is a good option to start off with so I don't have to think too hard about food. I think having to count calories and weigh food would just make me not do it.  Not to mention how much I don't like to cook.  We shall see...I can't afford it until we have some income.
     A week or so ago, when walking home from a hair salon, I passed this place called Kru Strength & Fitness.  It looked interesting, so I looked them up on the internet. For $65 a month they will develop a personalized cardio program for you and you have unlimited access to the cardio equipment and classes.  No contracts or anything.  I think that it could be a good fit for me.  But again, when we have some income.  So, in the meantime I try to watch what I eat and move a little.  I guess time will tell..
     There is this hair salon on Clark, just on the other side of Foster.  They are too expensive for me, but I saw an add looking for hair models for haircoloring.  They charged $25 to cover the cost of the materials.  So, I splurged and for $25 I got great color!  It is pretty cool.
     Well, I think that's all I got for right now.  If you have been praying for me, please continue to - I think it is helping!  And if you're inclined please add a prayer for Dana to find a job and for Nicky as he has finals in a couple of weeks.
      xox and Happy New Year to you all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

 December, 2018                                                                          Cancer                                                                       A journey Having watched my parents die of cancer I thought I knew just how terrible cancer is, but I was wrong. You ca...

Impending Graduation

I have not looked or even thought about this so called blog since the last entry. Sadly, in all that time, nothing has changed.  Pretty pathetic, I know. Nicholas graduates a week from Monday and I have not lost a single pound.  I may have gained a couple more though. What is wrong with me!?! Dana remains unemployed after almost 4 years. We have exhausted our savings and all of our retirement funds.  We have sold all my jewelry and are in the process of selling books and movies. We have struggled to pay our rent for the last 7-8 months.  We have some great friends who have helped when they can. God Bless them. Surely, between death, debilitating depression, job loss, huge money worries and all the other bad luck we have had, we must be due very soon for a run of good luck and happy times.  Pray for that for us please. Graduation - my one and only is graduating high school on June 17th. He will turn 18 on June 25th. It has been amazing watching him grow-up fr...

Homebody

     So I was supposed to have lunch last week with my friend, Sue.  But I canceled because I didn't want to go out.  Too much effort to shower, find something to wear, get downtown...  It was easier to just back out.  Sue, in her goodness, was understanding but also concerned about the management of my depression.  I found myself explaining myself to her and in the process learned why, deep down, I don't like going out.      My response to her concern was as follows.  "You are too kind. I am better than it sounds. I am by nature a homebody. Have been my whole life. A lot of what's going on is because I have such a hard time moving about these days. Walking from my house to Alamo on the corner is enough to make my back hurt. I am so out of shape, it makes walking painful. But I try to take little steps. It's embarrassing to be walking with someone and have to stop because my back is all tensed up and hur...